cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 VLANs on 1 port

zrob12ynyng
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to have 1 public VLAN and 1 private NAT'd VLAN on the same port on a 3925?

4 Replies 4

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Zach

Not sure what you mean.

If the port is a L2 port then make it a trunk link.

If the port is L3 simply use secondary addressing.

Jon

Maybe explaining what I would like to do will make it easier to understand what I am trying to accomplish : )

Currently have group of customer under a NAT (VLAN1) network on one LAN port of my router - private IP block (192.168.0.0/24) NATing to public IP (x.x.x.x).

One customer in that NAT needs to put a public IP in their router. Under current NAT network, they are unable to do this.

Can I keep the NAT settings (VLAN1) on this port and also assign a second VLAN (VLAN2) to this port with a public IP (y.y.y.y) so existing customers remain the same while the other customer is able to enter a public IP in their router (y.y.y.y)?

zrob12ynyng wrote:

Maybe explaining what I would like to do will make it easier to understand what I am trying to accomplish : )

Currently have group of customer under a NAT (VLAN1) network on one LAN port of my router - private IP block (192.168.0.0/24) NATing to public IP (x.x.x.x).

One customer in that NAT needs to put a public IP in their router. Under current NAT network, they are unable to do this.

Can I keep the NAT settings (VLAN1) on this port and also assign a second VLAN (VLAN2) to this port with a public IP (y.y.y.y) so existing customers remain the same while the other customer is able to enter a public IP in their router (y.y.y.y)?

Zach

Sorry, still not getting it. Cna you perhaps post a config of the router specifyinh exactly what you are trying to do.

Jon

Hi,

You can do the following to resolve your problem:

1. Use dynamic NAT making use of:
      • access-list, to clasify traffic only to be nat, the rest must be denied.
      • route-map to handle this access-list
      • then NAT making use of route-map
  2. The rest of the traffic: not included in the access-list used to be natted will make use of the public address.
  3. There must be an static route pointing to public cloud.

If you need more expalnation about how to configure this option send us how you have configured your router.

Attn.

Roger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card