Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

2811 Ethernet packet loss

Hi

I am testing my Ethernet port's throughput on my 2811 and 1841 routers and I am receiving packet losses. I am actually running RFC2544 test on these boxes and the packet loss is 50% when testing bidirectional, I have configured my router interfaces to full duplex and my traffic generator. the strange thing is on unidirectional there are no packet loss and the router is sending at 100% but on bidirectional it divides the packets by 2 then I am getting packet losses.

Where can I get the info about these ethernet card's capabilities in term's min and max throughput, latency, loss ratio, back-to-back burst etc?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: 2811 Ethernet packet loss

Hello Mpho,

what you see is normal for this kind of platform:

they are software based routers so bi-directional traffic counts for twice packets per second to be forwarded and you see expected limits.

see for basic performance data

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/765/tools/quickreference/routerperformance.pdf

Hope to help

Giuseppe

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: 2811 Ethernet packet loss

Hello Mpho,

what you see is normal for this kind of platform:

they are software based routers so bi-directional traffic counts for twice packets per second to be forwarded and you see expected limits.

see for basic performance data

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/765/tools/quickreference/routerperformance.pdf

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content