Views
Helpful
Replies

2811 Router Console problem

fasi25300
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am using cisco 2811 router for my lab it was working last night perfectly . morning time I just start my router and its not showing any thing on terminal window. no keys working even all fans working continously but no any fan is down on that time. I dun know how figureout this problem .

I use these troubleshootings.

1 - Baurt value change setting

2-  Console cable change

3-  used different kind of terminal softwares

4-  its not going on Romon mode

when I power off the router its just sho0ws the garbage values nothing else. I tried above solutions but didnot find any solution now please any body know about this problem please guide me will be very thankfull to you for this kindness

Many thanks in advance

M, Faisal

25 Replies 25

Sorry Mohammad, there could be something wrong with the actual board on the router.

I can only recommend a couple more things to do

Turn it off after about 15 minutes follow this link to do a password recovery.

if this did not help then turn off the router and leave it overnight turn it back on in the morning and see what happens.

does not make seince, but have seen it work for some people.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_password_recovery09186a0080094675.shtml

amikat
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

The console line speed for your box starts at 1200 baud, so please do not forget to try that setting as well.

Best regards,

Antonin

Hi amikat

I have tried this value aswell and the same situation no change..

Thanks this work for me!!!!!!

amikat
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Can you please try to connect to AUX port and see if you get any output there.

Best regards,

Antonin

Dear All,

Any news regarding this issue ?!! I have the same issue and I couldn't find a soulotion.

Natoor

jameslee199
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Any news regarding this issue ?!! I have the same issue and I couldn't find a soulotion. I have five 2811 routers that have the same problem.

James

Could it not be an issue with your computer or console cable rather than an issue with all five routers?

Mmoulson1,

I have used the computer and cable to test another five 2811 routes, and it is ok, so what do you think about it?

Parvesh Paliwal
Level 3
Level 3

You have tried multiple baud rates, tried changing the cables, the same hardware/software combination is fine to connect to other set of routers, tried restarting the device what else..........

What I can think at the time is - try getting into the router via an IP address of a routed port. Try telnet/ssh/web to the router (whatever it supports) and collect the logs.

Second, if you are still unable to get to it and as you are not even able to get to the rommon mode via any of the modes - It can be a hardware failure.

Is the router working fine, despite you are unable to get to the console ??

Revert with your findings.

Dear Parveshpaliwal,

I can't getting into the router via an IP address of a routed port, because the five routers have not set the IP address. And I also try to get to the rommon mode, but I can't type any word in that mode.

The five router is in the initial configuration mode. I have used the computer and cable to test another five 2811 routes, and it is ok, so what do you think about it?

James.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card