Helpful
Replies

2811 Router loses connection to Motorola Cable Modem

charles-moore
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Need a little Help !

I have a Cisco 2811 fa0/1 configured for DHCP connected to a Motorola Surfboard cable Modem (SB4100).

The FA0/1 is constantly dropping during the day, the longest period the connection stays up for is around 50 minutes.

I work from home during the Day and constantly access my companies intranet, using an SSLVPN. I also use Webex sessions during the day.

However the Irony is the connection is ok in the evening, when I have no need to access SSLVPN or Webex.

I thought i may have a faulty port, therefore I have already swapped ports but this makes no difference.

Also I'm constantly receiving the following error: %SCHED-3-STUCKMTMR: Sleep with expired managed timer 44F2CD70, time 0x11CE4BE8 (00:00:00 ago). -Process= "L2MM", ipl= 4, pid= 105 -Traceback= 0x4101CA0C 0x41E13C48 0x41E1407C 0x404C632C.

Your help is appreciated

Config file attached

Regards

Charles

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Does the link fa0/1 actually flap or do you lose connection through it?

-Matt

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Matthew Blanshard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Charles,

Does the router reboot or does the interface just go down?   I see you are running 12.4(13b) code so I did find a bug, CSCsc62064, for the traceback message along with reduced performance.  It is fixed in 12.4(15)T6, so I suspect a software upgrade might resolve this for you.

-Matt

Message was edited by: Matthew Blanshard

Thanks Matthew,

I shall give the IOS a try.

Regards

Charles

Hi Matthew,

I didn't answer your question ! The Router doesn't reboot, The CPU process is < 40% at it's peak, but is running around 10% constant.

The Cable modem appears to be operating.

Regards

Charles

Does the link fa0/1 actually flap or do you lose connection through it?

-Matt

charles-moore
Level 1
Level 1

Matthew,

Thanks for your help.

I've upgraded the flash to c2800nm-ipvoicek9-mz.124-25c.bin. and the issue has been resolved.

Thanks again.

Outstanding! Glad to help out.

-Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card