Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

2811 Router Question

Hi,

I have a 2811 router and i wish to upgrade the IOS to the most recent.  Reaching the download page, i saw several options:

Can anyone please explain to me the difference?

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: 2811 Router Question

marcusbrutus wrote:

Hi,

I have a 2811 router and i wish to upgrade the IOS to the most recent.  Reaching the download page, i saw several options:

Thanks.

Mark

It's simply a version of the major releases ie. 12.4, 12.4T and 15 (3 versions).  If you want to see what differences there are you should use software advisor -

Software advisor

this allows you to compare 2 versions side by side so you can decide which one is the one you need. It's mainly to do with features needed.

Jon

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

marcusbrutus wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.

Mark

It's simply a version of the major releases ie. 12.4, 12.4T and 15 (3 versions).  If you want to see what differences there are you should use software advisor -

Software advisor

this allows you to compare 2 versions side by side so you can decide which one is the one you need. It's mainly to do with features needed.

Jon

Community Member

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the reply.

Just wish to clarify, does that mean that i can download any on the list without having to worry about hardware compatibility issues?

Thanks again.

Silver

Hello Mark,

About your last comment I would look at the memory requirments on the right panel :

For example for IOS 124-25c releases  => Minimum Memory:                                                                   DRAM:256                                                                  MB                                                               Flash:64                                                                  MB

for 150-1.XA3 IP BASE => Minimum Memory:                                                                   DRAM:256                                                                  MB                                                               Flash:64                                                                  MB

for 150-1.XA3                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              ADVANCED ENTERPRISE  SERVICES => Minimum Memory:                                                                   DRAM:512                                                                  MB                                                               Flash:128                                                                  MB

You can check your RAM and Flash memory capabilities via the 'show version' on your router (memory upgrade if necessary).

Also for some modules there is some minimum cisco IOS release for the module to be detected (ex for HWIC-1T etc ..). You can check for specific WIC data sheets for the details.

Thanks

Karim

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content