Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

2811 with 4 fxo ports

I am unable to call 911 from a phone, I have checked the analog lines they work fine and can call 911. But when I dial from a phone I get the dial tone back.

Attached are the log files and config

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: 2811 with 4 fxo ports

Configure voice rtp send-recv on the gateway-Sometimes you have one-way audio problems only when calling specific numbers, such as 411 or 911 in the North American numbering plan (NANP) or after you transfer a call or put it on hold. If you are having these problems when going through a Cisco IOS software voice gateway, be sure that the voice rtp send-recv command is configured on the gateway. Numbers such as 411 and 911 sometimes do not send back answer supervision when the remote end answers. As a result, the Cisco IOS software voice gateway does not cut through audio in both directions to prevent toll fraud. Configuring the voice rtp send-recv command forces the voice gateway to cut through audio in both directions immediately.

I have had the same issue and used the above command as a temp fix, but it is my understanding that this type of call will fail after 3 minutes (at least according to TAC). Good enough for most calls, but not really a permanent fix.

Has anyone come across a permanent fix? Right now we are not receiving the Connect message from Telco and are having a devil of a time getting anywhere with them.

Atiq,

You mean, when you plug this line to a analog phone the you can dial 911 and it works well. Right?

If so,Please test the following commands

!

dial-peer voice 9100 pots

destination-pattern 911

forward-digits all

port 0/0/0

!

dial-peer voice 9101 pots

destination-pattern 911

forward-digits all

port 0/0/1

!

dial-peer voice 9102 pots

destination-pattern 911

forward-digits all

port 0/0/2

!

dial-peer voice 9103 pots

destination-pattern 911

forward-digits all

port 0/0/3

!

Note: Or you need to put any number before dialing 911. Please let me know.

HTH,

Toshi

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content