Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

2924XL Code Upgrade

I know that this model has been EOLed. But I am trying to help a friend who is studying for his CCNA to learn to upgrade switch software. I don't see that there are any images available for download any longer (at least on software advisor).

Does anyone know where I can find a 2900XL image? I don't care so much about the version (newer is better of course) as I am just helping him to learn how to do it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 2924XL Code Upgrade

Hi Jim,

The IOS is available to download.

Go to www.cisco.com login using your CCO ID. Go to download Software > Select Switches Software > LAN Switches > Cisco Catalyst 2900 XL Series Switches > select the model > IOS > here you'll find the IOS available for download.

Note: you need to have download rights to download the IOS.

-> Sushil

2 REPLIES

Hi Jim,

The IOS is available to download.

Go to www.cisco.com login using your CCO ID. Go to download Software > Select Switches Software > LAN Switches > Cisco Catalyst 2900 XL Series Switches > select the model > IOS > here you'll find the IOS available for download.

Note: you need to have download rights to download the IOS.

-> Sushil

Purple

This is for 8 meg boxes only.

ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/lan/catalyst/2900XL/

Views
Helpful
Replies