cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2924XL Unable to use console port

synmonger
Level 1
Level 1

I recently purchased a secondhand 2924XL switch and I've not been able to get in through the console port. I've not seen any output from it at all with a rollover cable that works fine on my 2600 router.

So far I have tried:

Using every speed from 115200 to 110

Hardware flow control on, and off

Xon/Xoff flow control (on and off)

I have been able to telnet in, but that's of little use without the passwords. Is there any other way of resetting it?

5 Replies 5

Matthew Warrick
Level 1
Level 1

Password recovery procedure is here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_password_recovery09186a0080094184.shtml

The console port is probably disabled or has "no transport-input telnet" or something else silly on it. ;)

Thank you for the reply! I have tried the password recovery procedure, but a switch: prompt never comes up.

If you are sure your console cable/terminal settings is fine, I would suspect a bad console port.

Just in case, I would also try and console into a "known good" device with your computer to ensure that it is not your COM port or rollover cable that is bad.

The rollover cable works just fine on my 2620 router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card