Views
Helpful
Replies

2950 SNMPv3 Problem

ashley.watkins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am busy rolling out SNMPv3 across our network infrastructure and has hit a snag with regards to the 2950 switch.

On all our other switches and routers I have 2 named access-lists,1 for our management range and 1 for our external monitoring service ip range to access, but when i attempt to bind the snmp v3 group to the named access list, I only get the option to choose a numbered access list.

Anyone had the same issue or have a suggestion?

The IOS on the switch is C2950-I6K2L2Q4-M

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Ashley,

if a numbered ACL is supported on C2950 to define snmpv3 parameters I would use it.

Network documentation can be updated telling that on specific platforms a numbered ACL is used instead of a named ACL

try to see if you can use the remark keyword that allows to insert a comment line in the ACL, if so put a remark line with the name of the named ACL as first line in the numbered ACL.

access-list 101 remark like named ACL XXX

access-list 101 permit ...

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Ashley,

if a numbered ACL is supported on C2950 to define snmpv3 parameters I would use it.

Network documentation can be updated telling that on specific platforms a numbered ACL is used instead of a named ACL

try to see if you can use the remark keyword that allows to insert a comment line in the ACL, if so put a remark line with the name of the named ACL as first line in the numbered ACL.

access-list 101 remark like named ACL XXX

access-list 101 permit ...

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

I did have that thought but wanted to see if there was any other option.

I will definitely be going with the numbered ACL and using the remark. Thank you for the feedback.

Regards,

Ashley

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: