cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2960 SSH sestrictions?!

mark.j.hodge
Level 3
Level 3

I have an issue where I can only get 1 ssh session to a 2960 switch. Are there any known restrictions, is this a bug or am I missing something.

The switch is a WS-C2960-24-S running 12.2(44)SE6 C2960-LANLITEK9-M

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Don't know any restrictions , you should be able to have up 15 sessions I think . Check the config and make sure someone did not configure vty session 1 for ssh transport and not the rest of the sessions. If not maybe you can post the config minus any addressing.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Don't know any restrictions , you should be able to have up 15 sessions I think . Check the config and make sure someone did not configure vty session 1 for ssh transport and not the rest of the sessions. If not maybe you can post the config minus any addressing.

Got it in one!!!!

The config on the lines was

line con 0

login local

line vty 0

password 7 1501020114262E

login local

line vty 1 4

password 7 1501020114262E

login

line vty 5 15

password 7 01000F094B0703

login

!

cheers

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mark,

I am not aware of any similar limitations (which of course does not mean that they don't exist).

Have you configured multiple VTY lines for ssh access? Is the "ip ssh maxstartups" configured? How does it precisely look like when you try to create a second SSH connection to that switch?

Best regards,

Peter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card