Views
Helpful
Replies

2960 XR

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

dears,

I have a 2960 XR switches with latest IOS on that but I don't see any control-plan command on the switch,

can anybody guide me the how we can control packets for control plan and data plane on 2960XR switches.

Is it the below command is in security risk rather than line vty 0 3 allowing 4 connection instead of 16

Line vty 0 15

exec-timeout 5

transport input ssh

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

The control and data plane commands usually pertain to chassis-based switches and not so much to1ru small switches. 

Is it the below command is in security risk rather than line vty 0 3 allowing 4 connection instead of 16

No, usually security is more concern about running SSH vs telnet and not the number of lines.

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

The control and data plane commands usually pertain to chassis-based switches and not so much to1ru small switches. 

No, usually security is more concern about running SSH vs telnet and not the number of lines.

HTH

Dear Reza,

NTP & Tacacs key password are they easily decrytable as it seem to me type 7, how we can secure them,

Tacacs should be internal to the network and not have access to the outside except for upgrades.

As for NTP, you can use ACL to allow access to only one or 2 devices.

HTH

Dear Reza,

Though the tacacs is internal to the network but the password can be easily seen how we can secure it,

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card