Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

2960S and GLC-T

Hi,

I have a question, Does the new switch 2960-S support GLC-T module in the uplink SFP slot?

I find in the data sheet the following:

Cisco Catalyst 2960-S and 2960  with SFP-based ports:

• 1000BASE-T SFP-based ports**:  RJ-45 connectors, 4-pair Category 5 UTP cabling

**  1000BASE-T not supported on Cisco Catalyst 2960-S  switches.

Please, I need confirmation.....

Thanks

Regards

6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: 2960S and GLC-T

Yes it does.  I have a few installed.

Bronze

Vijay - could you please verify that the GLC-T is supported?  There are multiple conflicting documents.  I have also found conflicts in the Netformx tool where just two weeks ago the GLC-T was a selectable option and could be verified where today it is not?  Both the MLC and CT do not have this option to select the SFPs.

As it stands - i would have to order these as seperate items.

Thanks, Steve

Hall of Fame Super Gold

I can confirm it works because I have several 2960S-24PD that have GLC-T in them.

I can confirm that it works and that cisco DOES NOT support this, see also the thread i started about this an hour ago.

Cisco gave us the message that it might work but that they DO NOT support this, so whatever problem you get in a config that has these SFP, you risk to get no support.

Wim Holemans

Network Services

University of Antwerp

Hi,

I made the question, the respond of the Cisco Systems Engineers,is the following:

"Yes, the GLC-T is supported on the 2960S.  The data sheet hasn’t been updated.  However, the hardware installation guide does list the GLC-T. Here is the list of supported 2960S models for the GLC-T SFP:

Catalyst 2960S-48FPS-L
          Catalyst 2960S-48LPS-L
          Catalyst 2960S-24PS-L
          Catalyst 2960S-48TS-L
          Catalyst 2960S-24TS-L
          Catalyst 2960S-48TS-S
          Catalyst 2960S-24TS-S "

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies