Views
Helpful
Replies

2960S PoE switch into a non-PoE stack

Mike Mott
Level 1
Level 1

I have two 2960 Stacks

Stack # 1 is a PoE stack with two WS-C2960S-48FPD-L with TenGig uplinks running c2960s-universalk9-mz.152-1.E.bin.

Stack #2 is Non PoE stack with three WS-C2960S-48TS-L running c2960s-universalk9-mz.150-2.SE2.bin.

I need to add an WS-C2960S-24PS-L for additional PoE port capacity. If I add it to Stack #1 I will have three switches in both stacks, and all PoE switches will be part of the same stack. I am just wondering If I can have disparate switch models in the same stack running the same IOS? If I add the new WS-C2960S-24PS-L to Stack #2 I will end up making this stack a 4 switch stack with three non-PoE switches and one PoE switch. If I add the PoE switch to this stack will I have access to the PoE capabilities of that one switch. Again with the question can I have disparate switch models in the same stack running the same IOS?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I am just wondering If I can have disparate switch models in the same stack running the same IOS

Yes.  You can have a different models of 2960S in a single stack.  The main important thing is all members of the stack should have the same IOS version.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I am just wondering If I can have disparate switch models in the same stack running the same IOS

Yes.  You can have a different models of 2960S in a single stack.  The main important thing is all members of the stack should have the same IOS version.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card