Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

2960S PoE switch into a non-PoE stack

I have two 2960 Stacks

Stack # 1 is a PoE stack with two WS-C2960S-48FPD-L with TenGig uplinks running c2960s-universalk9-mz.152-1.E.bin.

Stack #2 is Non PoE stack with three WS-C2960S-48TS-L running c2960s-universalk9-mz.150-2.SE2.bin.

I need to add an WS-C2960S-24PS-L for additional PoE port capacity. If I add it to Stack #1 I will have three switches in both stacks, and all PoE switches will be part of the same stack. I am just wondering If I can have disparate switch models in the same stack running the same IOS? If I add the new WS-C2960S-24PS-L to Stack #2 I will end up making this stack a 4 switch stack with three non-PoE switches and one PoE switch. If I add the PoE switch to this stack will I have access to the PoE capabilities of that one switch. Again with the question can I have disparate switch models in the same stack running the same IOS?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

I am just wondering If I can have disparate switch models in the same stack running the same IOS

Yes.  You can have a different models of 2960S in a single stack.  The main important thing is all members of the stack should have the same IOS version.

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Gold

I am just wondering If I can have disparate switch models in the same stack running the same IOS

Yes.  You can have a different models of 2960S in a single stack.  The main important thing is all members of the stack should have the same IOS version.

Views
Helpful
Replies