Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

2960S ports have large number of outdiscards

So I have been trying to figure out why one of my clients switches is having issues.  The switch is uplinked to another 2960S with 2 ethernet cables into a port-channel.  They said the length of the cables for the uplink is pushing the limits of the 100 yard mark...so, that's strike 1.  The other thing is that they have their VOIP and data on the same network.  Yes, I know, not the best thing to do.  When I installed the new 2960's for them, I wanted to change that, but that wasn't going to happen....strike 2.  Also, when I was configuring the switches, I asked about QoS for the phones (shortel I think).  I was told that there isn't any QoS configuration since their Dell swithes didn't have any QoS on them.....strike 3.  The last and final strike is that this network is a /16.  Again, I wanted to change this, but again, that didn't happen. 

The odd thing is, it's just one switch out of six that I installed that this is happening with (for now).  If I clear the error counters, so of the counters shoot back up rather quickly.  Also, the switches are running 15.0(2) SE.  I couldn't find any bugs that may be causing this problem.

TIA for any ideas,

Dan

• LAN Switching and Routing
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.