Views
Helpful
Replies

2960S Web upgrade

David Kondicz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i want upgrade my catalyst 2960S and 3560x at midnight, but i am worried about config loss.  If i upgrade my switch throught web interface, will need I reconfigure the switch?

Thank you

BR

David

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

David

In general there is no problem with config loss when doing an upgrade of code, especially if the upgrade is a version upgrade and not a change of feature set. As long as you assure that the new version of code is correctly loaded in flash and tha the boot variables are correctly updated then I can not think of a reason why you would need to reconfigure the switch.

If you are really concerned about this then I would suggest that you start with a single switch and try that one before you do a group of them.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
i want upgrade my catalyst 2960S and 3560x at midnight, but i am worried about config loss.

I have > 450 2960S in my network and I upgrade their IOS regularly.  Very, very regularly.  I've never "lost" one.

Save the config BEFORE you start your IOS upgrade and I never used the HTML option.  I always use CLI because it gives me leverage.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card