cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2960x master light doesn't agree with show switch output

lcaruso
Level 6
Level 6

I've been having issues with new 2960x's on the latest code. The output of show switch will show the switch I'm consoled into with the asterisk is the master but the front panel lights show a different switch is master. Is this a bug?

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you configured any priority for the master switch? if not, try giving it a higher priority and test again

Hi,

The issue seems to be the switch that has the physical console connection is misreported or at least that's what I thought the asterisk in show switch output meant. It wasn't until I turned off every switch in the stack other than the one which hosted the console connection that I discovered this. 

I always like to renumber the switches so the top switch is one and is also the master, so did change numbers and priority but the confusion stemmed from not getting an accurate report as to the switch number I was consoled into.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card