Views
Helpful
Replies

3500xl switch will not accept interface range

philsvoice
Level 1
Level 1

I get a invalid input  range

&nbSwPodx(config)# SwPodx(config)#int SwPodx(config)#interface range fastethernet 0/2 - 24     

^ % Invalid input detected at '^' marker. SwPodx(config)#sp;  

20 Replies 20

Looks like in for a lot of work arounds and trouble with this switch,  what is the next level switch that will support the lastest ios commands,  also would GNS3 be a better option, because this just lab 3 in the book and im spending to much time reshearching.

This is a voice lab and think I will be using Ip Phone and PC together. 

vlan 10 is Data for PC

vlan 15 is Voice for IP Phone

vlan 11 is Management for gateway

Maybe this is why I have to assign 0/2 - 24 to vlan 10 and 15

correct ??    

my vlan config for 3500xl switch is

vlan

name Data 10

vlan

name Management 11

vlan

name Voice 15

interface fa0/1

switchport trunk encapsualtion dot1q

switchport mode trunk

___

I need to imput range below, what is the quickest way.  Thanks

int range 0/2 -24

switchport mode access

switchport access vlan 10

switchport access vlan 15

As you are looking for your home lab then u must be looking for cheap Switch: Then go fo 3560.

Then you can configure:

Fa0/1

switchport voice vlan 15

I think that this switch will support Interface range feature. Then you can configure all interface at once.

More about config:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.2_52_se/configuration/guide/swvoip.html

Rgerads

This is a voice lab and think I will be using Ip Phone and PC together.  vlan 10 is Data for PC vlan 15 is Voice for IP Phone vlan 11 is Management for gateway Maybe this is why I have to assign 0/2 - 24 to vlan 10 and 15 correct ??    my vlan config for 3500xl switch is vlan name Data 10 vlan name Management 11 vlan name Voice 15 interface fa0/1 switchport trunk encapsualtion dot1q switchport mode trunk ___ I need to imput range below, for each port 02 - 24, because its vioce lab, AM i correct,  once i get pass this I should be ok I hope.  Thanks for the help int fa0/2 Switch(config-if)#switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q Switch(config-if)#switchport mode trunk Switch(config-if)#switchport voice vlan 10 Switch(config-if)#spanning-tree portfast int fa0/2 Switch(config-if)#switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q Switch(config-if)#switchport mode trunk Switch(config-if)#switchport voice vlan 15 Switch(config-if)#spanning-tree portfast

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Phillip

See this thread for how to configure each port. Because the switch is quite old people have reported using the "switchport voice vlan x" command did not work.

So you can see the solution in the following thread -

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2181858

note that you will have configure each port one by one because there is no "range" option on your switch.

Jon

Looks like in for a lot of work arounds and trouble with this switch,  what is the next level switch that will support the lastest ios commands,  also would GNS3 be a better option, because this just lab 3 in the book and im spending to much time researching.  thanks

This is a voice lab and think I will be using Ip Phone and PC together. 

vlan 10 is Data for PC

vlan 11 is Management for gateway

Maybe this is why I have to assign 0/2 - 24 to vlan 10 and 15

correct ??    

vlan

name Data 10

vlan

name Management 11

vlan

name Voice 15

interface fa0/1

switchport trunk encapsualtion dot1q

switchport mode trunk

___

I need to imput range below, what is the quickest way.  Thanks

int range 0/2 -24

switchport mode access

switchport access vlan 15

philsvoice
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like in for a lot of work arounds and trouble with this switch,  what is the next level switch that will support the lastest ios commands,  also would GNS3 be a better option, because this just lab 3 in the book and im spending to much time reshearching.  pease advise this switch will work for a voice lab, This is a voice lab and think I will be using Ip Phone and PC together.

vlan 10 is Data for PC

vlan 11 is Management

vlan name Data 10

vlan name Management 11

vlan name Voice 15

interface fa0/1 switchport trunk encapsualtion dot1q

switchport mode trunk

___ I need to imput range below, what is the quickest way since this switch (3500xl) doesnt support the Int range command

will this work

int range 0/2  to 24

Switch(config-if)#switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

Switch(config-if)#switchport mode trunk

Switch(config-if)#switchport voice vlan 10

Switch(config-if)#spanning-tree portfast.

int 0/2  to 24

Switch(config-if)#switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

Switch(config-if)#switchport mode trunk

Switch(config-if)#switchport voice vlan 15

Switch(config-if)#spanning-tree portfast the range command.

do this for each port 2 t0 24?      

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card