cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3550 QoS

aalejo
Level 5
Level 5

Doing policing in the 3550, Iam trying to match a vlan and a class in a policy map (as SRND QOS). The problem is that the 3550 does not allow it:

Config:

!

class-map match-all citrix

match ip dscp 12

class-map match-all voice

match ip dscp 46

class-map match-all a-citrix

match vlan 150

match class-map citrix

class-map match-all a-voice

match vlan 200

match class-map voice

!

!

policy-map pol

class a-voice

set ip dscp 46

class a-citrix

set ip dscp 12

police 40000 13000 exceed-action policed-dscp-transmit

class class-default

set ip dscp 0

!

QoS: Mixing of VLAN classes and non-VLAN classes is not allowed.

QoS: Policy map pol failed vlan check

Service Policy attachment failed

QoS: Mixing of VLAN classes and non-VLAN classes is not allowed.

QoS: Policy map pol failed vlan check

Service Policy attachment failed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

No wonder it works if you remove "match vlan" as you change the "per port per vlan" classification to "per port" only. You cannot configure both port-based classification and vlan-based classification at the same time. In my view the "class class-default" is making an issue in your policy map configuration.

Good luck!

Antonin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mark.edwards
Level 1
Level 1

This is classification on a per-port per-vlan basis and it looks like you have it configured correctly. I have got this working before but can't quite see where the mistake is. I'll keep looking but here is the doc for configuring per-port per-vlan.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/c3550/12225see/scg/swqos.htm#wp1145280

amikat
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Though visible in the command-line help strings, the class class-default option is not supported with Cat3550. Please try to remove this class from your policy map and see if there is any improvement.

Best regards,

Antonin

Hi

If I remove "match vlan" and put instead "match access group" it works (Whithout removing class-default).

The problem is why in the 3550 QoS SRND they use "match vlan"

Thanks

Alex

Hi,

No wonder it works if you remove "match vlan" as you change the "per port per vlan" classification to "per port" only. You cannot configure both port-based classification and vlan-based classification at the same time. In my view the "class class-default" is making an issue in your policy map configuration.

Good luck!

Antonin

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card