Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3560 CPU utilization constantly showing 87%

hello, we are using a 3560 switch and the cpu utilization is constantly showing 87 %.

This switch is doing routing and leased lines are connected to service providers.

Is there any trouble shooting steps that can be done?

Regards,

Shiva

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Please refer my document

Please refer my document:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12298401/troubleshooting-high-cpu-3750

And get bck to me in case any query:

Regards

Inayath

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Please refer my document

Please refer my document:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12298401/troubleshooting-high-cpu-3750

And get bck to me in case any query:

Regards

Inayath

Super Bronze

DisclaimerThe Author of this

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of   the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Inayath's document is nice, and in it he mentions show tcam utilization.  If your TCAM overlfows, some packet forwarding will be done in CPU.  So, that's an important check; insure you're using the most suitable SDM template.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

What IOS are you running?

What IOS are you running?

Hi leo,   current IOS is

Hi leo,

current IOS is "C3560-IPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.2(55)SE1"

Hall of Fame Super Gold

current IOS is "C3560

current IOS is "C3560-IPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.2(55)SE1"

Pfft!  Upgrade your IOS to 12.2(55)SE9 and, about 30 minutes later, check the status of your CPU.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content