cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560 EIGRP over multiple links

cmelbourne
Level 1
Level 1

we have a 3560 located in head office with a 100mb fibre connection to a remote office where a 3560 is also located. we also have a 3rd site with the same. all 2 remote sites connect back to the 3560 via 100mb connection. both sites terminate via 802.1q trunk port on lets say port 0/1.

both are in a seperate vlan, vlan 1 for head office, vlan 2 for remote office 1 and vlan 3 for remote office 2. the head office switch does the inter vlan routing for both remote sites. the customer wants to use a wireless backup link for redundancy between remote office 1 and head office and remote office 2 to head office. however, the wireless is not point to point. it is point to multi-point with some extra offices off the same head end. If we setup eigrp over the head office switch and the 2 remote offices then in theory if the 100mb connection is unavilable this should re-route over the wireless in this case. Am i thinking on the correct lines on this????

2 Replies 2

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, however make sure the wireless connection does not become the preferred route. Not sure about the interfaces, you are going to use for this topology, but that's something to be aware of...

Hi,

How can I configure the switches for that scenario!?

I mean what are the commands I should add to switches to create that wireless backup link?

Note: we are using EIGRP on switches

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card