cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560 Odd Power Issues

Douglas Oman
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3560-24ps, and I'm having issues with it booting. When I power the device up all the front panel lights come on like normail, and then the system light starts flashing like normal, but after 5 - 6 seconds the system light goes off. I don't get any output from the console, and the fans still run. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Doug

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you please post the entire bootup process?

It doesn't even begin the boot process. When powered on the Led's all come on then the system light blinks for a few seconds then turns off. During this process I do not get any output on the console

Thanks!

Can you try other clients?

If you get no input from the console then RMA it .  You should get input from the console from the moment it is plugged in.

Douglas Oman
Level 1
Level 1

I didn't try other clients as it works on other devices. This switch was pulled from a production environment and shelved for a month Rand now nothing. I was hoping that it was something such as the psu. My employer gave me the switch since it was dead thus there is no smartnet to get the rma under.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco