Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

3560 Poe switch help needed.

Bought a 3560 poe and its currently running base ip services.

c3560-ipbasek9-mz.122-44

Was asked to download the latest version of Advanced ip services.

Problem is i cant find the the advanced ip services in the latest release section. 12.2.55 Se8 ?

All i see there is IP base and Ip services.

Was "advanced ip services" image replaced by "ip services" image in the lastest releases ? older releases still have a "advanced ip services" image...

Thanks

6 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

All the new images are IP Base or IP services. 

c3560-ipbasek9-mz.122-44

You currently have 122-44 ip base image, so you can download the latest ip base:

c3560-ipbasek9-mz.122-55.SE8.bin

HTH

I understand i have ip base installed and i know its not the latest version .

My question was poorly put.

Has the old "advanced ip services" image been renamed to  "ip services" image?

Hall of Fame Super Gold

If you want Advanced IP Services, then you get th IP Services feature set.  Different names.  Same stuff.

Another thing is this:  Do you have a valid Service Contract to run IP Services on your appliance which previously was running IP Base?

Its for personal use , my own lab here at home to try things out so no i dont have a service contract but i figured you only need one if you pick the latest ios version ... the older ones dont need it to be downloaded ...

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Its for personal use , my own lab here at home to try things out so no i dont have a service contract

I think Cisco will frown upon what you are doing. 

I dont think i did anything wrong . please correct me if im wrong . i downloaded 122 .44 of the advanced ip services set but havent even put it on the switch yet. its an old ios version and it doesnt require any contract or anything to download. I got it from the official cisco web page. It does everything i need it to do so .... did i do something wrong ? should i not use this image ? Im not selling anything or makin money im just studying for ccnp switch ... finished my ccna couple of months ago...

Please let me know.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content