cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560-X Unsupported Device in Network Assistant

JJTontz
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting an unsupported device message when attempting to connect to my new 3560-X switch using Network Assistant 5.5. I have ran the "Application Updates" and verified that I am running the latest version.

Any Ideas?

Thank You In Advance.

JT

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So far, so good on 3560-X support.  I fetched CNA 5.6 RC1 today and it does recognize the thing.

CNA 5.6 RC1 is not yet recognizing the SFP module I've installed into two 3560-X switches in the GUI panel display, but it does seem to recognize Gi1/x and Te1/x interfaces in the VLAN table and other tables.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

My guess it is not supported in the current version.  They do not seem to continously update that free program so there are a few devices that it won't currently support , I would venture that the latest 3750 boxes are not supported either.  You would have to contact a cisco rep to see when the next version may come out or post this over in the net management forum , maybe someone over there knows.

glen.grant,

Thanks for the reply. You are probably correct, however, before buying this product I made sure that it was on the supported list for CNA and it is. There are numerous references to this model being supported in documentation and product data sheets. I was hoping that is was an IOS versioning issue so I updated the switch from 12.2(35) to 12.2(55) - Latest - but no joy. Hopefully someone from Cisco will see this post and point me in the right direction.

Thanks Again.

JT

CNA 5.6 should have support for the X series. Tentative Jan 2011.

So far, so good on 3560-X support.  I fetched CNA 5.6 RC1 today and it does recognize the thing.

CNA 5.6 RC1 is not yet recognizing the SFP module I've installed into two 3560-X switches in the GUI panel display, but it does seem to recognize Gi1/x and Te1/x interfaces in the VLAN table and other tables.

Thanks Gordon. I downloaded and installed it. So far so good. Thanks for the heads up.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card