Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

3560-X Unsupported Device in Network Assistant

I am getting an unsupported device message when attempting to connect to my new 3560-X switch using Network Assistant 5.5. I have ran the "Application Updates" and verified that I am running the latest version.

Any Ideas?

Thank You In Advance.

JT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 3560-X Unsupported Device in Network Assistant

So far, so good on 3560-X support.  I fetched CNA 5.6 RC1 today and it does recognize the thing.

CNA 5.6 RC1 is not yet recognizing the SFP module I've installed into two 3560-X switches in the GUI panel display, but it does seem to recognize Gi1/x and Te1/x interfaces in the VLAN table and other tables.

5 REPLIES
Purple

My guess it is not supported in the current version.  They do not seem to continously update that free program so there are a few devices that it won't currently support , I would venture that the latest 3750 boxes are not supported either.  You would have to contact a cisco rep to see when the next version may come out or post this over in the net management forum , maybe someone over there knows.

glen.grant,

Thanks for the reply. You are probably correct, however, before buying this product I made sure that it was on the supported list for CNA and it is. There are numerous references to this model being supported in documentation and product data sheets. I was hoping that is was an IOS versioning issue so I updated the switch from 12.2(35) to 12.2(55) - Latest - but no joy. Hopefully someone from Cisco will see this post and point me in the right direction.

Thanks Again.

JT

Bronze

CNA 5.6 should have support for the X series. Tentative Jan 2011.

So far, so good on 3560-X support.  I fetched CNA 5.6 RC1 today and it does recognize the thing.

CNA 5.6 RC1 is not yet recognizing the SFP module I've installed into two 3560-X switches in the GUI panel display, but it does seem to recognize Gi1/x and Te1/x interfaces in the VLAN table and other tables.

Thanks Gordon. I downloaded and installed it. So far so good. Thanks for the heads up.

Views
Helpful
Replies