cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560G&3550 PDF file issue

john.wright
Level 3
Level 3

Anyone ever come a cross a switch that would not allow a macbook connected to it to copy a folder from a mac server when one of the files in the folder was a PDF file?

Background:

We have four switches (1 c3560G, this is the head switch back to server farm and no errors of any kind anywhere on any interfaces & 3 c3550 connected to the 3560)that will copy any folder both directions from mac server to macbook no matter how large the folder unless that folder has a PDF file in it. As soon as the copy encounters the PDF file the copy operation stops.

This only happens on one floor of our 4 floor admin building all of which have 2 or more cisco 3560G or 3550 switches. This same operation works fine on any other floor! The switches on the other floors do not disciminate against PDF files!

These four switches simply will not copy a folder with a PDF file in it!

I did the following test.

I placed a 3560G in the closet with these four switches and connected it to the head switch. We performed the copy with no problem. I then connected my macbook back into the original head switch, started to copy the folder and it stopped when it encountered the PDF file. (running wireshark the whole time as well) While the copy operation was in progress I moved the connection to new switch and the opertion completed!

The c3560's on this problem floor and on the non-problem floors are all running same IOS 12.2(40)SE.

1 Reply 1

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Nope never heard of that and we run the same version on all our 3560's and 3550's .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card