Views
Helpful
Replies

3560G IOS Upgrade Process Hung

Islam Sallaj
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I'm in the process of upgrading a WS-C3560G-48TS-S from 12.2(25)SEB4 to 12.2(55).SE3 using Cisco Network Assistant.  During the "upgrading the image" process it seems to be hung.  Anyone have any thoughts?  Is there a memory limitation I should be aware of...can I go from 12.2.25 to 12.2.55

Any thoughts.

thanks

izzy

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

I have never used CNA, but the 3560G comes with 32Mb of flash.  Check and see if you have other old images (not the one you are currently running) on the flash that is taking up space.   If yes, delete the old once and than try loading 12.2(55) again

HTH

I normally avoid GUIs for this reason. You can't see what it's doing, and if it locks up or has a problem, you are left out in the cold.

At this point you'll need to console in to the device and see what is going on. You may be able to copy over the firmware manually. Worst case, you may have to reboot to recover the device, and if the IOS is gone you will have to use an xmodem recovery to put firmware back on the unit.

From a compatibility perspective, there should be no problems. The firmware will work fine. It is a fairly big version number difference, so when you reboot I'd expect to see the ASICs/etc downloading new microcode, which will mean a longer upgrade process and probably more than one reboot as it upgrades all of the components.

But it should work fine.

Good luck!

Andy

bsltang000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We're wanting to do a similar thing by upgrading from 12.2(25r)SEE4 to 15.0.1-SE2 using CNA. How did the upgrade go, was it succesfull?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I'm in the process of upgrading a WS-C3560G-48TS-S from 12.2(25)SEB4 to 12.2(55).SE3 using Cisco Network Assistant.  During the "upgrading the image" process it seems to be hung.

When doing CLI, this process takes about 10 minutes and you might have the impression that the appliance have "hung" but in fact it hasn't.  Wait for another 5 minutes and you'll see something.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card