Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

3560X-3750X IOS compatibility

When I research the IOS's available to the 3560X I only see the universal images.  Is the switch backward compatible to older IOS images?  Can it run the ip services or adv ip services IOS images, assuming I purchased a similar license for the universal image?  Is anyone currently using an older IOS on the 3560X or 3750X?

Thanks

Everyone's tags (2)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: 3560X-3750X IOS compatibility

Currently, there are only two IOS available for the "X":  12.2(53)SE and 12.2(55)SE.  You can't go any lower than that.

The new universal image means you download one file and get a license key to "unlock" the features you want.  For instance if you purchased a switch with IP Base by mistake you can just contact your authorized Cisco reseller and purchase a key to upgrade to, say, IP Services

Cisco Employee

Shawn,

As of now, 12.2(53)SE2 and 12.2(55)SE are the two IOS releases available at the CCO download page, for this platform.

3560X/3750X are NOT compatible with earlier images.

- Yogesh

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Currently, there are only two IOS available for the "X":  12.2(53)SE and 12.2(55)SE.  You can't go any lower than that.

The new universal image means you download one file and get a license key to "unlock" the features you want.  For instance if you purchased a switch with IP Base by mistake you can just contact your authorized Cisco reseller and purchase a key to upgrade to, say, IP Services

Cisco Employee

Shawn,

As of now, 12.2(53)SE2 and 12.2(55)SE are the two IOS releases available at the CCO download page, for this platform.

3560X/3750X are NOT compatible with earlier images.

- Yogesh

Views
Helpful
Replies