Views
Helpful
Replies

3560X Console & Power Cables

Benjamin Waldon
Level 1
Level 1

Allright,

So we just ordered 4 of the 3560X Switches. Like a kid on Christmas morning, I opened the box and found a couple of new things....

1. There is a mini usb port on the front that says "console" on it. Looks like Cisco is moving away from the RJ45 Com port connector. Cool. However, is there is a certain cable that I need or do I just use any USB cable that will fit? What kind of software would I use with this? I don't think putty can point to a usb cable.

2. It looks like Cisco is using a proprietary Power cable now. Is to keep people from using cheap power cables?

Thanks,

Ben

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just any USB Type-B cable (the USB console is in the front). The USB driver software is available from Cisco.com 3560X software download.

For power cable, are you talking about the power supplies on the rights (when you are looking at it from the back)? They are the standard power cables. The power cables in the middle of the chassis are the stack power cable. You can read more about the stack power from the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/data_sheet_c78-584733.html

HTH,

jerry

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just any USB Type-B cable (the USB console is in the front). The USB driver software is available from Cisco.com 3560X software download.

For power cable, are you talking about the power supplies on the rights (when you are looking at it from the back)? They are the standard power cables. The power cables in the middle of the chassis are the stack power cable. You can read more about the stack power from the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/data_sheet_c78-584733.html

HTH,

jerry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card