Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

3560x-Lanbase and 4900M

Hi everyone,

We are using 18 numbers of 3560X -Lan base series switches in our network(Access layer). We have 400 users and created vlans in

access  switches. we are planning to purchase Two numbers of 4900 M as Core layer switch and for redundancy. The uplink would be on 10 gig copper cable (CAT 7) between the access layer switches and core switches. I like to know whether 4900M can take the load of 18 access switches.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY

3560x-Lanbase and 4900M

Hi Ravi,

I would say that 4900 switches can handle the load of 400 users but again its all up to you and your management and depends on the application you are using and the speed they required.

But in general yes you are ok with 4900m.

I hope you are connecting all your 3560 (access layer switches) in a mesh type connectivity to those two cores 4900m which is a better idea.

Again I hope when you are planning to put core switches eventhough the access switches are 3560's and they have layer 3 capabilities, I think you are planning to rid the vlan configuration in 3560's and use them as plain access layer switches.
In that case you may need to configure per vlan (vlan redundancy) as you would have two cores for redundancy.

Regarding 4900M, these switches have Dual AC or DC power and High availability for nonstop operation

Please let me know if you need any more guide on this.

Hope the above clear and understand you.
Please rate all the helpfull posts.
Regards,
Naidu.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content