Views
Helpful
Replies

3640 router upgrade.

xhackuss1
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

I was tring to upgrade the IOS of one of my 3640 routers and in the process I was notified of lack of enough memory.I had to accept to erase the flash before the upgrade but before that could finish, I had one of my colleagues stepping on the power cable thereby putting the router off. Now when I connect to the router,it takes me to the rommon> mode i guess because it cannot find the IOS to load.

Could someone please show me how I can get the IOS loaded so I can boot into the router.

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

If you are really sure you have erased your current image you can use xmodem to copy an IOS onto the router but it's not quick, ie. probably want to set it off before you go home.

Attached is a link to using xmodem for a 3600 router.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a008015bfac.shtml#proc_3600

HTH

Jon

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have an external flash card that you could place in another router, you could preload the IOS on it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card