Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

3750 12.2 release DHCP Issue

I am unable to get an IP address by using a specific switch which has version 12.2 (25) SEB4, Release

I have my DHCP configured on windows server which is residing on different network. This network is a sub interface on firewall and on firewall I?ve defined relay agent and specified the IP address.

Lets say like below:

IP address of firewall interface: 10.40.1.254 VLAN TAG 100

IP address of firewall interface: 10.50.0.254 no VLAN TAG, default to 1

IP Address of DHCP SERVER: 10.50.1.9

I?ve created layer 2 interface for VLAN 100 on switch and when I configure the switch ports to be member of VLAN 100, I am unable to get an IP address, I always get the below:

IP 169.x.x.225

Mask: 255.255.0.0

Gateway: 169.254.164.225

I?ve defined relay on firewall interface with VLAN 100 TAG to IP 10.50.1.9 but I don?t get an IP address at all but when I configure the port to be member of VLAN 1 which is default I am able to get IP address.

There is no Layer 3 address for VLAN 1 on switch, activity between switch and firewall is layer 2

Can anyone help?

1 REPLY

Re: 3750 12.2 release DHCP Issue

There is something wrong with my DHCP which is also running on a 3750 with the same IOS as yours...

I have posted a question, but as far as I am concerned it is a software bug because if I do erase start, then tftp the config back on it works fine...until a reboot occurs.

Views
Helpful
Replies