Views
Helpful
Replies

3750-24PS - extra eyes for config check

Jeremy Patrick
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm hoping my issues will be an easy find, but maybe the late night working has made my skip over it.

Anyway, I have a 3750-24PS switch as the newest edition to my existing network (unfortunately hp, not cisco).  I have it configured to trunk/link to the procurve core switch and I can bounce between Fa ports set for various vlans and pull and address no problem.  What I can't do is ping the 3750 either connecting through the switch or from connecting via the hp side.  I can ping and connect to the procurve switches, and also from the hp console, a ping can get through the 3750.

Just can't put my finger on what may be missing that doesn't allow my to ping/connect to the 3750.  Can't exactly deploy this since I can't contact it!

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which switch is doing the routing for vlans ?

If is the HP switch that you posted some configuration from then add this to your 3750 configuration -

"ip default-gateway 10.10.4.59"

the above assumes your 3750 is only acting as a L2 switch and not L3.

Jon

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which switch is doing the routing for vlans ?

If is the HP switch that you posted some configuration from then add this to your 3750 configuration -

"ip default-gateway 10.10.4.59"

the above assumes your 3750 is only acting as a L2 switch and not L3.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card