Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

3750-24PS - extra eyes for config check

Hello,

I'm hoping my issues will be an easy find, but maybe the late night working has made my skip over it.

Anyway, I have a 3750-24PS switch as the newest edition to my existing network (unfortunately hp, not cisco).  I have it configured to trunk/link to the procurve core switch and I can bounce between Fa ports set for various vlans and pull and address no problem.  What I can't do is ping the 3750 either connecting through the switch or from connecting via the hp side.  I can ping and connect to the procurve switches, and also from the hp console, a ping can get through the 3750.

Just can't put my finger on what may be missing that doesn't allow my to ping/connect to the 3750.  Can't exactly deploy this since I can't contact it!

Thanks 

• LAN Switching and Routing
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Which switch is doing the

Which switch is doing the routing for vlans ?

If is the HP switch that you posted some configuration from then add this to your 3750 configuration -

"ip default-gateway 10.10.4.59"

the above assumes your 3750 is only acting as a L2 switch and not L3.

Jon

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Which switch is doing the

Which switch is doing the routing for vlans ?

If is the HP switch that you posted some configuration from then add this to your 3750 configuration -

"ip default-gateway 10.10.4.59"

the above assumes your 3750 is only acting as a L2 switch and not L3.

Jon

Views
Helpful
Replies