Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 bandwidth limit

m.sir
Level 7
Level 7

Hello

we have three separated network segments going to one Cisco 3750 switch all is L2 .. from this switch is 100 mbit uplinkTRAFF.JPG

we need to apply some Qos mechanism not to saturate line by traffic from one network.. Configuration from various reason CANNOT be done on switch where 100Mbit line is terminated.. so all must be done on SW1,2,3

Correct me if iam wrond but as switches doesnt see traffic from other network iam affraid only think we can do  is limit bandwidth on links going into SW1,2,3 to 33 Mbit

I found commad

srr-queue bandwidth limit

But links going to SWs are 1Gbit so if i force bandwidth to 10% (minimum what command allows) its  100 Mbit..

If I force speed on those links to 100Mbit and than apply  srr-queue bandwidth limit to 30%..  doest it work.??. Will  srr-queue bandwidth limit speed to 30Mbit?? Or srr-queue bandwidth limit is calculated from maxim speed of interface??

Thx in advance

1 Reply 1

Sergey Fer
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, it will work on 100Mbps interface properly. For outgoing traffic only, of course. And, of course, it will be 100Mbps Ethernet, that is silent 70% of time, so you will not guarantee yourself from link overwhelming at all. Do not forget to turn on QoS globally by using mls qos command.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card