Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

3750 Config for IP Phone with PC connection

We have a remote location that has a Mitel 3300 VoIP solution. The company has always configured a separate dedicated port for phone and data.

We have a new location opening, again with the Mitel VoIP system, and I am testing having the 3750 ports configured such that the PC would connect to the Mitel IP Phone and then the IP Phone has the switch connection. What I have configured is as follows:

interface FastEthernet1/0/4

description // SHARED IP Phone with PC //

switchport access vlan 10

switchport mode access

switchport voice vlan 200

switchport priority extend trust

srr-queue bandwidth share 10 10 60 20

srr-queue bandwidth shape 10 0 0 0

mls qos trust cos

auto qos voip trust

spanning-tree portfast

So, data vlan is 10, voice vlan is 200. I connected a pc to the IP phone and everything worked fine.

My question is in the port configuration. I did not put the srr-queue in the config, rather, the auto-qos did it's job and put it in the config, along with a bunch of mls qos configuration details.

So - to the questions

1) Is my port configuration correct? (yes, I know it works, but is there a better way that people have been doing this)

2) Do I need all the commands in the port configuration, just wondering if I'm doing two different things with the "mls qos trust" and the "auto qos VoIP trust"?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY

Re: 3750 Config for IP Phone with PC connection

bump

Views
Helpful
Replies