Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

3750 Configuring access to Certain Ports on the Switch

Hello,

I have about 20 routers connected to my 3750 Cataylst and they are all on the same network. (172.16.2.0/24) My problem is that I need to block certain routers from seeing other routers on this switch. So, I figured I need to find some way to block certain ports from seeing certain ports and/or blocking traffic from certain ports to certaing ports. In nut shell, this is what I need to accomplish.

Port 44 Needs to see Ports 2 & 9 but should not see any other router on any other port.

Port 41 Needs to sese Ports 2,4,5,42 but should not see any other router on any other port.

Port 9 Needs to see Ports 2,4,5,6,44 but should not see any other router on any other port.

We tried creating ACL's for this though it did not work. Our Plan B was to implement Private Vlans, though from my understanding Private Vlans, they will only solve a protion of the problem. I was wondering if anyone had ideas. My next step is to researching a combination of Private Vlans and Port-Securiry and or some kind of combinatio of Private Vlans/Port Security/Protected Ports.

Any ideas or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!

Shaun

1 REPLY

Re: 3750 Configuring access to Certain Ports on the Switch

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content