cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 does not 'save' config;is this related to password-recovery?

news2010a
Level 3
Level 3

Folks, I configure the switch below, do 'write mem'. Then I do show run and my configuration is not saved.

Is this related to the status 'password-recovery' feature enabled as shown below?

If so, I have been trying to find the documentation on how to change the registry to avoid this issue and get out of the password recovery feature. Is this done thru registry config or this is a button on the switch? Switch is on remote site.

ROM: Bootstrap program is C3750 boot loader

BOOTLDR: C3750 Boot Loader (C3750-HBOOT-M) Version 12.2(25r)SEC, RELEASE SOFTWAR

E (fc4)

sw1 uptime is 11 weeks, 1 hour, 55 minutes

System returned to ROM by power-on

System image file is "flash:c3750-ipservices-mz.122-25.SEE3/c3750-ipservices-mz.

122-25.SEE3.bin"

cisco WS-C3750-24TS (PowerPC405) processor (revision N0) with 118784K/12280K byt

es of memory.

Processor board ID OMITTED

Last reset from power-on

1 Virtual Ethernet interface

24 FastEthernet interfaces

2 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces

The password-recovery mechanism is enabled.

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Marlon

The password-recovery mechanism should not stop the config being saved. If enabled it allows someone with physical access to the switch to hold down the mode button while reloading the switch and then to reset the password.

What is it you are trying to save.

Jon

True. I just did 'no service password-recovery' and behavior is the same.

I am trying to configure the switch. Regular configuration such as:

config t

int fa1/0/1

switchport mode access

siwtchport access vlan 3

no shut

end

then I do write mem.

I do show run and my configuration is not displayed. No ports appear on show run.

I have never seen this before...

Is it just me misunderstanding your posting? To see a saved config you use 'show start', not 'show run'

Or do you do a reload and then the config is missing?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card