Views
Helpful
Replies

3750-E 60-days Demo Licensing

oscar-garcia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to install a 60-demo license on a 3750-E switch. I follow the steps that appears on the page of the download but when I try to install it ont the switch I have an error message that say XML phrase error. I download two times de license verifiyinf the P/N and the S/N and the result is the same. If i save the actual license of the switch and I delete it, then I could install it again without any problem. Has anyone try to install a Demo license? Any idea of where could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

4 Replies 4

oscar-garcia
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone has any idea about this?

Many thanks

Kind Regards

HI Oscar,

I have seen the same exact error. Make sure you put a / right after:

take a look at this example.

license install flash:/FDO1327R0DU_20100215100158106.lic

HTH

Reza

Sorry,

I have try it but I've got the same result:

% License installation failed with error: XML parsing failed

Any other idea???

Many thanks

Best regards

ok, the next step is to make you when you download the license the UID or S/N number from the switch that you type in has to be exactly the same as you see it when you do a "sh ver"

for example if the system S/N is F245TYU7 make sure you type it exactly the same if you type the letters in lower case it will not work.

I know, this is a real pain and no idea why Cisco invents things like this to make life more difficult for people

HTH

Reza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card