Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3750-E to replace 3825 is Encryption/Security Feature available?

Morning Experts,

I have a very interesting question that I believe not many would not the answer to.

Nothing like a good challenge on a Monday morning....

Anyway, I would like to know if it is possible to replace a CISCO 3825 router with a CISCO 3750-E switch?

Generally the answer is yes, however I have I need to ensure that the switch has the IPSEC(AES) Feature available.

The router needs to have the Security bundle shipped with it to have this feature.

I have a attached a sample configuration that is used on the router. If you're able to say if the same is available on the 3750 or not, I would greatly appreciate it.

I have looked at numerous websites and CISCO documentation, but so far not found anything concrete.

I thought that maybe one of the experts may be able to provide an answer...

Thanks,

Mario

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: 3750-E to replace 3825 is Encryption/Security Feature availa

Mario

You haven't attached a config file but in answer to your question if you are referring to IPSEC VPN functionality a 3750-E switch will not support this.

The only catalyst i know that will support this is the 6500 although even there you need additional hardware.

Jon

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Mario

You haven't attached a config file but in answer to your question if you are referring to IPSEC VPN functionality a 3750-E switch will not support this.

The only catalyst i know that will support this is the 6500 although even there you need additional hardware.

Jon

Hmm, I must have forgotten to press "upload"... Apologies for that.

Yes, I was referring to IPSEC VPN. Thank you very much for your reply.

That was the (unfortunate) answer I thought I may get. You've confirmed my suspicion.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Cheers,

Mario

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content