Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

3750-E with 10g Module

Hi,

Can I use 10g X2 module with 3750-E without TwinGiga Converter. Please clarify.

Thanks,

Senthil Kumar V

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super Bronze

Re: 3750-E with 10g Module

Yes, if you use a 10 gig module. 10 gig modules are what the port is really for, the TwinGiga Converter is a nice feature for backward support for gig to ease transition to 10 gig.

3 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Yes, if you use a 10 gig module. 10 gig modules are what the port is really for, the TwinGiga Converter is a nice feature for backward support for gig to ease transition to 10 gig.

Hi Senthil,

I am bit confused , between 10gX2 module & Twingiga Converter.

If you want to use 10G link , you need to have TwinGiga module purchased for 3750-E.

And if you want 1G link, you don't have to purchase any other device, TwinGiga will give you 2 , 1G link in each module.So 4 1G fiber links.

HTH..rate if helpful..

Hi Sathish,

I understand that 3750 comes with 2 x 10g X2 slots. If we want to use 1g modules in that slot, i believe we need TwinGig Converter. I checked-up the images of X2 module. It is bigger than SFP.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content