cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 EMI Tunneling GRE

mchakir
Level 1
Level 1

Does some one know the maximum number of tunnel GRE that a 3750 EMI switch can support simultaneously?

Thank you

4 Replies 4

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi there,

Kindly check out the IDB on your IOS (show idb):

Each tunnel interface definition, such as Universal Transport Interface (UTI), Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE), Multiprotocol Label Switching Traffic Engineering (MPLS TE), or Any Transport over MPLS (AToM) consumes an HWIDB plus one SWIDB per tunnel, plus an additional SWIDB for each additional sub-interface, for example, a Frame Relay PVC, that is tunneled. The tunnel IDBs are in addition to the original interface(s) that are tunneled.

Maximum Number of Interfaces and Subinterfaces for Cisco IOS Platforms: IDB Limits

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_tech_note09186a0080094322.shtml

HTH, please rate if it does help,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Salam

Thank You verry much,

I will check

MOSTAFA

The switch does not support tunnel interfaces for unicast routed traffic. Only Distance Vector Multicast Routing Protocol (DVMRP) tunnel interfaces are supported for multicast routing.

So it is not recommended to configure GRE tunnels on 3750 unless you are using DVMRP.

Have a look at this link

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3750/12225sea/ol6833.htm#wp539899

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

Thank You Narayan,

I want use the tunnel Interfaces for only static routing. I have an simple architecture that use FH and Wimax link, so if the FH or Wimax go down the Ethernet Interface still UP, so i want to use tunnel interfaces for 60 remote site on a 3750 layer 3 swith.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco