Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 L2 and L3 configuration

yann.boulet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i need some information to configure a 3750 switch which will be used to access to a Business recovery plan but in the same offices.

At the moment i have cisco switches at each floors connected to a network core with a vtp domain and what we want to do is to change the physical fiber way in the patch panel for each floor to reach the 3750 but my question is that it's my only local network equipment so i need to activate DHCP, ROUTING but the floor switches are configured in a vtp domain, do i need to configure vtp on the new one switch i have only one vlan for my business recovery plan but the current floors switches are configured as trunk so ??

Sorry for my poor english if you need more information

thx

1 Reply 1

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Yan,

I am not able to understand what exactly you want this switch to work as but as per what I understand from your scenario then you are introducing this new switch into the network.

As per me if this is local to your network you can define ip address to this switch to manage it. Also because you have only one vlan I do not think you need any VTP configuration on this switch and you can manually create that vlan.

VTP is only for vlan synchronisation so that you need not to configure vlans on all the switches so even if you do not cofigure this switch in same VTP domain but configuer that vlan manually you will be able to pass traffic for that vlan.

You can explain furthur what exactly you want and then we can help you providing that information.

Ankur

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card