cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 maximum secondary ip ?

william2u
Level 1
Level 1

hi guyz, i'm wondering wat is the maximum secondary ip can configure for a interface vlan in 3750 ?? because i need to replace my 6500 with more than 6 secondary IP in a vlan interface. Thanks in advance for the reply !

3 Replies 3

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It depends on the IDB (Interface Descriptor Block) supported on the IOS. Each vlan needs an IDB, so if you have support for extended vlans on a switch you can configure upto 4000IDB's.

Please have a look at the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_tech_note09186a0080094322.shtml#max_no_interfaces

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

the link is for router .... how bout switch 3750 ? for example, a single interface vlan can support maximum 8 secondary in Huawei 5600 series switch. how bout 3750.. thanks !

Hello William,

Sorry I pasted a wrong link.

You can configure as many secondary IP addresses as you want. However, remember that if you configure too many IP addresses to one interface, the traffic will increase and your network will slow down. The CPU usage will increase too and you might experience some other trouble even network going down. Therefore, my advice is that you configure only the necessary IP addresses, and be very careful with this.

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: