Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 Problems

gavin.mckee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to connect a stack of 2 3750 switches into my network. I am connecting two ports on each of the 3750 into a 6509 with a straight through cable. Two will be going to a 10/100 ports and two will be going to 10/100/1000 ports. Each pair will form a Etherchannel trunk. When I connected the first cable the port would default to half duplex on the 3750 side. If I tried to force the port to full duplex it would disable to port. I think straight through is the right cable here.

Any ideas.

Posts will be rated.

Thanks

Gavin

2 Replies 2

Sureshdank
Level 1
Level 1

Gavin,

Straight cable between two Cisco3750 is ok, but you cannot use the same between Cisco 3750 and 6500. Use Cross.

Before confiuring etherchannel try to set the port speeds and duplex same on both the ends.

Regards,

Suresh Jain

Hi Gavin,

You should always use cross cables when connecting between switches.

The new switches come with MDIX feature and hence you can even connect them using stright cables. But based on my experience with MDIX, i would suggest you to always use cross cables between switches and hard code the speed & duplex settings.

As posted above the speed and duplex needs to match at both ends for etherchannel configuration.

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card