Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 QoS DSCP Marking

craig-allen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm in the process of setting up QoS and need to mark traffic with DCSP values, specifically Citrix traffic. The DSCP values will be used on the WAN QoS, marking needs to happen before the WAN router.

I've configured the following on the 3750:

Class Map match-all citrix-ica

Match access-group 100

Policy Map mark-citrix

Class citrix-ica

set dscp af31

access-list 100 permit ip any host 10.203.232.41 - Citrix server IP

Port on which Citrix server is connected:

service-policy input mark-citrix

Problem I have is that traffic is not being marked with the DSCP (checked using network monitor) - I've tried changing the access-list but to no avail. I'm sure the problem is with the access-list. Can anyone provide a config whereby traffic is marked based on Citrix i.e. ICA Port 1494

Thanks!

8 Replies 8

cscherb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Craig,

you are trying to mark traffic on the switch port the citrix server is connected to - right ?

If so - and as "service policy input" is used, in my understanding you have to switch source and destionation in access-list 100

access-list 100 permit ip host 10.203.232.41 any

Carsten

Yes I'm trying to mark switch port that the the Citrix server is connected to. As traffic enters the switch it's marked to DSCP AF31 therefore when it exits the switch then enters the WAN router QoS will be applied based on the DSCP marking.

Tried switching the access-list but doesn't seem to make a difference.

How would you check to see if the packets are indeed being marked?

Just to be shure - did you enable Qos on the switch via "mls qos" ?

You should be able to check if packets are marked via

"show mls qos interface gigabitethernet x/y/z statistics"

Yes, mls is enabled.

Will check the output from mls int fa1/0/16 stat (Citrix ethernet port)

pciaccio
Level 4
Level 4

Your created your Access-list and applied it to your class map. You then applied that class to the policy. You now need to apply your policy to your interface. Have you done this?? Please rate....

Yes, this was in the original message:

service-policy input mark-citrix

First you need to see if the access-list is being hit. Use the Show Access-list command to see if the address is being hit by the list. Next see if the policy is hitting the address. Use the Show policy command. This will show you if the policy that is applied to the interface is being hit....

bwkingston
Level 1
Level 1

Where did you decide to use DSCP value af31? I can't find any citrix documentation that suggests an ideal dscp value to mark with.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card