Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

3750 stack issues

I'm attempting to add a 48-port ws-c3750-ts as a slave to an existing 24-port ws-c3750-ts. I provisioned the 48-port 3750 offline with the 'switch 2 provision' commands and set the priority to 13(master is set to 15). After I reloaded the 48 port 3750 and verified that the provisioning and priority was changed I removed the power and connected it to the 24-port master with the stackwise cables. Powered it up....and nothing happened! ....except that stackwise cable port 2 came up. Stackwise cable port 1 never came up, and the 48-port switch didn't get added to the stack even in VM mode in order to allow auto-upgrade to start.

Anyone seen this before? I've tried this setup with two sets of switches and have had the same outcome. Code version on the 24-port switch is 12.2(25)SEB1. Code version on the 48-port switches are either 12.2(25r)SE5 or 12.2(35)SE5.

Thanks.

/rls

1 REPLY
Purple

Re: 3750 stack issues

What does the logs say of the existing switch when you powered on the new switch ? Use this page to troubleshoot version mismatches.

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_25_sec/configuration/guide/swstack.html#wp1178943

Views
Helpful
Replies