Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 stack switches

Hello,

If I have two switches in a stack can both stackable switches be connected to a core switch through gbics or just only one switch can be connected to the core and the other switch connects to the other stackable switch through an ethernet port which uses as a gateway to the core switch?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Horacio

Yes both can be connected to the core switch and in fact should be for redundancy.

If the switches in the stack are doing inter-vlan routing then you can use either -

1) 2 routed links, one from each switch or a L3 etherchannel

2) if the switches are only acting as L2 switches then use a L2 etherchannel (probably also a trunk link).

The 3750s support having an etherchannel spread across all switches in the stack.

Jon

Hi Jon,

Could you please give me an example of a config of two routed links versus an L3 ethernetchannel config using both stack switches connected to the core switch.

Thanks.

Jon,

Could a L3 etherchanneI be configure if I have one stackable switch with two uplinks, where one uplink goes to one core switch and the other up link goes to another core switch and both core switches are running HSRP or both uplinks should go to only one core switch to have an L3 etherchannel ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card