Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

3750 Stackable switches and 6509 core switches

Hello,

If I have two stackable switches were only one stackable switch has two uplinks one uplink goes to one core 6509 switch and the other uplink goes to the other 6509 core switch can a Layer 3 etherchannel be used if each uplink go to a different core switch, by the way hsrp is running between both switches and also can you give an example how data will be routed from the stackable switch through the ethernetchannel to one of the core switch accross the WAN to another core switch?

Thanks.

1 REPLY

3750 Stackable switches and 6509 core switches

Etherchannel lacp if i remember can work, either i don't raccomend to use etherchannel on diferent core if you haven't VSS on 6500 but simple hsrp. I raccomend to use the single link as trunk and svi interface and if you can use one etherchannel to one core and another to the other core, or if you only have two fiber one to first switch of the stack and the other to te second.. so in case of faillure of the switch only half of user will have problem.

Views
Helpful
Replies