cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

3750 stackable switches uplink

Hello,

If I have two stackable switches one that connects to the 6509 core switch and the other switch does not, do I have to uplink the switch to the other switch so that switch has route to the core switch or because the switches are daisy chain there is not need to cable one switch to to the other switch connected to core switch?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Hi,

Since the switches are stacked, they are logically one switch, so you don't have to have a second connection. But for redundantly, it is good idea 2 have one connection from each 3750 to the 6500 using an Etherchannel.

HTH

Hi Reza,

What do you mean I can have an etherchannel from one connection of one switch and another connection from another switch to the core switch.  I thought when you do a portchannel you bundle the connections from the same switch to another switch instead of having one uplink from one switch and another uplink from another switch using an etherchannel to the core switch?

Thanks.

VIP Super Bronze

Hi,

Since your 3750s are stacked, you can have a connection from each 3750 to the 6500.  It is called cross stack Etherchannel.

HTH

Re: 3750 stackable switches uplink

Hi Sharifimr,

If the switches were not stackable switches, could I still have etherchanel to each core?

Thanks.

VIP Super Bronze

No, only when the switches are stacked.

HTH

Re: 3750 stackable switches uplink

Because I am using hsrp and not vss then one uplink to core is not in used only ones is so then how does etherchannel benefit me in anyway such as more bandwith and using both uplinks at the same time or I'm I wrong, can you explain that to me.

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content