Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 Switch Console Problem

Hi all

I am trying to console to WS-C3750E-48PD.We have around 63 switches.Five of them are having same issue.

Its showing some unsupported character while we are trying to console.I had tried changing console cable,also tried with different PC.

If any one has faced the same issue pls reply to this post at the earliest.

7 Replies 7

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

What do you see on the screen?

If you see garbage on the screen, then make sure the console setting on your PC is correct

Baud rate 9600 and so on

date bits 8

HTH

Reza

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi all

I am trying to console to WS-C3750E-48PD.We have around 63 switches.Five of them are having same issue.

Its
showing some unsupported character while we are trying to console.I had
tried changing console cable,also tried with different PC.

If any one has faced the same issue pls reply to this post at the earliest.

Hi,

Genrally if the above type error is coming it can be due to Baud rate setting in hyper terminal, just configure the following and check are you getting the console or not.

Follow these steps:

1. Using the supplied RJ-45-to-DB-9 adapter cable, insert the RJ-45 connector into the console port on the switch rear panel and to the PC or terminal port.

2. Start the terminal-emulation program on the PC or terminal. The terminal-emulation software, frequently a PC application such as Hyperterminal or ProcommPlus, makes communication between the switch and your PC or terminal possible.

3. Start a terminal-emulation session.

4. Configure the baud rate and character format of the PC or terminal to match these console port default characteristics:

9600 baud

8 data bits

1 stop bit

–     No parity

None (flow control)

Hope to help

If helpful do rate the post

Ganesh.H

we had done same like this

But still problem is there.

We are having 63switches and 58 of them we consoled and there was no issue.

only for some we found out these issue.

Have you found the solution for this?!? Because I´m having exactly the same problem... From Console Server I´m connecting to all the routers, but not to 3750s... Do they require some specific pinout, i´m using the normal console rollover cable...

Thanks

Have to checked to make sure the Baud rate is 9600, it may have been changed on the switches.

Failing that, it may be worth looking at any bugs listed in your firmware version.

Yes, I checked everything and it´s correct, I can even connect from my PC using Serial-RJ45 cable... But not from the Console Server using RJ45-RJ45. The same cable connects from Console Server to Routers without problems...

u can try with different baud setting that are available

HTH

Jawad

Jawad
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card